PhD and Postdoc Positions in Quantum Information
We are inviting applications for several fully-funded PhD and/or postdoctoral positions in all areas of quantum information, to work on fundamental research projects in quantum information, quantum computing, quantum cryptography, quantum software, or related topics.
In addition to exciting research projects and a friendly and stimulating work environment, we can offer a generous travel budget that allows for attending relevant conferences and summer schools to present your work to the international community, visiting collaborators, etc. At Bochum, you can expect an excellent research environment, including the Cluster of Excellence CASA and the Max Planck Institute for Security and Privacy.
You will be employed on a fully-funded position (100%, E13 salary). For doctoral students, we offer an initial appointment of three years, while for postdoctoral scholars the initial appointment is two years with an option to extend.
- Applicants for a PhD position should have excellent grades in classes related to quantum information, theoretical computer science, mathematics, or similar. By default, you should have an MSc degree (in computer science, mathematics, theoretical physics, or a related field), but outstanding candidates with a BSc degree will also be considered.
- Applicants for a postdoctoral position should already have a track record in excellent research in quantum information or a related field.
- You are curiosity driven, enjoy combining creativity with mathematical precision, and are open to interdisciplinary collaborations.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English (no German required).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Brief cover letter describing your background and research interests
- CV, including transcripts (BSc + MSc)
- Electronic contact details of 2 referees
- Any other relevant material (thesis draft, GitHub link, …)
Applications received by December 15, 2022 will receive full consideration. Late applications will be considered until all positions are filled. We strongly encourage applications from members of any underrepresented group in our research area.